There’s been a new craze in food preparation. We love our fried food, but it is rather unhealthy. Enter air fryers. The process of air frying is exactly what it sounds like; you fry the food with air.
Products like the Ultrean Air Fryer promote a healthier alternative to using a traditional fryer with oil. While it may not seem like the same, cooking food in an air fryer actually tastes remarkably similar.
So similar, in fact, that often it’s nearly impossible to tell the difference between the two methods. That’s one of the many reasons that air fryers have boomed in popularity.
There’s no way around it: The best thing about air frying your food is the healthy advantages it delivers. Much more so than traditional fryers.
Air Fryers are also one of the easiest kitchen appliance to use because there’s less mess when you’re not dealing with oil or grease. Air fryers are also, generally, easy to clean and have easy to remove components.
In this article, we’ll look at a few different Ultrean Air Fryer models and review them. You’ll need to know if air frying is for you, and spoiler alert, it will be!
Ultrean Air Fryer Review
Ultrean is one of the leading retailers for air fryers. Based in Las Vegas, Nevada, Ultrean produces exclusive home and kitchen appliances. Our Ultrean Air Fryer Review will review the Ultrean 4.2 Quart, 6 Quart, and 8 Quart Air Fryer and their Pros and Cons.
Ultrean Air Fryer – 4.2 Quart
With a 4.7 rating and more than 5,000 reviews on Amazon, the 4.2-Quart Ultrean Air Fryer is one of the best air fryers on the market due to it’s ease of use easily accessible buttons.
The Ultrean Air Fryer uses an innovative heating system-rapid air technology that allows you to air fry, bake, grill, and roast your favorite foods! The air fryer will cook your food to temperature, evenly, with less oil or no oil at all!
Cook the food you love and stay healthy by cutting out the fats from oil from your crispy foods
The 4.2-Quart Ultrean Air Fryer comes in four different colors: black, blue, red, or white, making it easy to match it with your kitchen décor.
- Affordable. This is a big one for many buyers. The Ultrean 4.2-Quart is a great buy as one of the more budget-friendly options on the market.
- User friendly. Air fryers, in general, are easy to use, but the Ultrean goes even further with its simple yet sleek design.
- LCD Display. The LCD makes cooking a breeze with an easy-to-read layout.
- Detachable dishwasher safe basket. The cooking basket can be put in the dishwasher, making clean-up time quicker and easier.
- Great customer service. Many customers have voiced how prompt and responsive the Ultrean customer service is. This high customer satisfaction is always a big plus.
- Non-stick coating can peel. According to some reviews, the non-stick coating on the basket can peel off pretty easily.
- There have been a few cases of customers reporting that the Ultrean can leave an unpleasant smell after cooking.
Air fryers are a much healthier method for cooking fried food than traditional fryers, and the 4.2-Quart Ultrean Air Fryer is a great option.
The 4.2-Quart even comes with a bonus recipe book to help you with your healthy food options!
This air fryer is great for smaller families and supports cooking for three to four people at a time. The 4.2-Quart Ultrean Air Fryer is compact, making storing the product a simple task.
Ultrean Air Fryer – 6 Quart
The 6-Quart Ultrean Air Fryer is the mid-sized counterpart to the 4.2-Quart. Naturally, with the larger size of the 6-Quart, users can cook more food at once.
The 6-Quart Ultrean Air Fryer has a 4.7 rating on Amazon and over 5,000 ratings.
Not everyone needs a larger air fryer, but the 6-Quart Ultrean Air Fryer is an excellent option for those who do.
Making use of Ultrean’s 360 degrees rapid air frying technology, the 6-Quart air fryer cooks food with up to 80% less fat than standard oil fryers. There’s no doubt this is a healthier option.
Like the 4.2-Quart, the 6-Quart also comes with Ultrean’s cookbook to provide you with some tasty recipes!
The 6-Quart Ultrean Air Fryer comes in four different colors: black, blue, red, or white. The variety of color options makes it easy to fit the 6-Quart Ultrean Air Fryer into the style of your kitchen.
- More cooking space. The 6-Quart is a mid-sized air fryer and allows cooking for up to 6-8 people.
- 7 Precook settings. The 6-Quart Ultrean Air Fryer has seven temperature control presets for ideal cooking time. All you need to do is load your food, press the button, and wait for your tasty, healthy food to be prepared! You can also use the adjustable temperature setting to meet your temperature range.
- Auto switch off. The fryer will automatically turn off when the cooking cycle has completed, preventing the unit from overheating.
- LCD and soft buttons. The LCD is clear and easy to read. The soft buttons are easy to operate.
- Like the 4.2-Quart, the 6-Quart also has some peeling issues with the non-stick basket.
- Some customers have reported that the 6-Quart can be loud when in use.
- No power-off button. The unit automatically turns off after use, but there isn’t a way to turn it off before the cycle has finished. You would need to use shorter cooking times.
Like any product, the Ultrean 6-Quart does have some issues, but the overall consensus is that this product is worth the time and investment.
The Ultrean 6-Quart is affordably priced for a mid-sized air fryer, but keep in mind that since this is a mid-sized unit, it’s larger than the average air fryer. While not a huge unit, it’s not necessarily compact.
Enjoying fried chicken wings or homemade french fries in an air fryer is the way to go. Less fat, with no hot oil, and the same taste make owning an air fryer an easy cooking option.
For those with families of more than four people, the 6-Quart Ultrean Air Fryer is a great buy.
Ultrean 8-Quart Air Fryer
The larger unit in the Ultrean tree of air fryers, the 8-Quart air fryer is the best option for large families. It’s also great for families that have guests over often.
Cooking healthy food in an air fryer is an easy task, and with the 8-Quart Ultrean Air Fryer, you can make more of the food you love to serve more hungry stomachs!
The 8-Quart Ultrean Air Fryer has a 4.8 rating on Amazon with over 50 ratings.
Just like the 4.2-Quart and the 6-Quart, the 8-Quart air fryer comes with Ultrean’s cookbook to provide you with some great recipes to serve the family.
With it’s contemporary design, the stainless steel 8-Quart is large and can accommodate roasting a whole chicken. The 8-Quart has a cooking rack and a fryer basket to give you options of what to cook and how to cook it.
The 8-Quart air fryer has one available option listed on Amazon. The unit is black with a silver face on the cooking tray.
- Affordable. Keeping in line with their other options, the Ultrean 8-Quart is priced competitively compared to other similar air fryers.
- Overheat prevention. The Ultrean Air Fryer also features an auto switch off to help prevent overheating.
- It’s big. The Ultrean Air Fryer can roast whole meats and cook plenty of wings, fries, and other foods in a much healthier way than standard oil fryers.
- 8 Presets. The Ultrean Air Fryer has 8 preset options on the control panel to allow you to load your food, selected a preset, and be done!
- Cooks up to 400 degrees and has a 60-minute timer.
- It’s large. The 8-Quart is a large unit so keep that in mind when purchasing. You will need ample space to store it.
- No listed color options. The 8-Quart only has one listed color option, limiting your ability to match it with your kitchen décor.
Air fryers are the way of the future for healthy alternatives to cooking fried food. If you have a larger family or have guests over often, then the Ultrean 8-Quart is an excellent option for you.
The 8-Quart can cook whole foods, has an extended timer, and is an easy-to-clean item. Customers report that it’s user-friendly.
What Are Air Fryers and Why Are They So Popular?
First, we should address the difference between an air fryer and a deep fryer.
Air fryers bake food at high temperatures with air through a high-powered fan. Deep fryers cook food in a vat of oil that’s heated with a heating element.
Both methods cook food quickly and are often faster than baking in an oven or using a grill. Fryers are great because they require little preheat time—almost none.
The biggest difference between an air fryer and a deep fryer, though, is the quality of the food you’ll be eating. A deep fryer uses oil, often canola or peanut, and both types of oil are high in fat.
An air fryer uses just a fan and air. There is no additive ingredient that will smother the food unhealthily—as oil does.
Plain and simple: air fryers are a great way to eat healthy. Far more than the traditional deep fryer.
Now, some people do prep their food with a bit of olive oil before putting it into their air fryer, but it’s not a requirement. Usually, this helps keep the food from sticking to the racks or basket or keeping breading or seasonings on the food.
Whereas in a deep fryer, the oil is essential—the deep fryer cannot cook the food without oil. And oil is high in fat.
An air fryer will crisp food just as a deep fryer will, and the taste will be remarkably close. The oil itself from a deep fryer does add its flavor to the food, which an air fryer will not have, but it’s barely noticeable.
It’s worth noting that flour-based batters and wet batters do not cook well in an air fryer, but spraying some non-stick cooking spray over your food and using a mix of seasonings panko will have roughly the same result.
Is Ultrean a Good Air Fryer?
The simple answer is yes. If we look at Amazon reviews, we can see that Ultrean Air Fryer has overwhelmingly positive reviews. Our experience also demonstrates the same.
While we never experienced it, some customers have had issues, but for the most part, those same customers have reported that those issues have been resolved quickly.
Ultrean’s customer service is spoken very highly of, so it’s safe to assume that should you encounter any problems with your Ultrean air fryer, they’ll remedy the problem without a hassle.
The three versions of Ultrean Air Fryers we reviewed in this article are affordable, have many great features, and have favorable reviews. None of them have a rating of fewer than 4.7 stars on Amazon—which is quite a feat.
Overall, if you’re in the market for an air fryer—and you should be—then the Ultrean Air Fryer is a great place to start. They offer reliable and affordable units that are, by most accounts, easy to use.
Alternatives to the Ultrean Air Fryer
While we love the Ultrean Air Fryer, we know people like options. Below are some of the more popular options that are comparable to the family of Ultrean Air Fryers.
NuWave Brio 6
We recently reviewed the NuWave family of air fryers. The NuWave Brio 6 is a great option for those who are looking for a comparable product to the Ultrean Air Fryers. While this is priced a few dollars more, the 6-Quart air fryer comes with some great features you are sure to enjoy. These include and easy to read digital screen, adjustable timer and a comprehensive warranty
The NuWave Brio’s Fry Pan Basket is specially designed to help airflow from all directions. Furthermore, it also comes with an app for easy access to their popular recipes. Of all the alternatives to the Ultrean Air Fryer, we like the NuWave Brio 6 the best.
COSORI Smart WiFi Air Fryer
If you like your tech to help with your cooking, then you’ll love the COSORI Smart WiFi Air Fryer. The 5.8-Quart Air Fryer can be controlled through your phone with Alexa or Google Assistant. This allows you to enjoy what you’re doing and still keep tabs on the food you’re cooking by conveniently looking at your phone.
Ninja Air Fryer
A very popular items on Amazon is the Ninja Air Fryer. With close to 23,000 5-star reviews on Amazon, Ninja is clearly a favorite with the customers. However, we prefer the 4.2 Quart Ultrean Air Fryer over this due to the the fact that the Ninja is the same size and costs more. We feel you’ll get the best bang for your buck by going with Ultrean. That said, Ninja is a popular brand and has demonstrated its presence in the kitchen.
Wrapping It Up
Air fryers are relatively new to the home cooking market, but they’ve exploded in popularity over the past few years.
There are many reasons for this.
- Air fryers are a much healthier alternative cooking method over deep fryers.
- Air fryers are much cheaper to purchase, maintain, repair, and use than deep fryers.
- Air fryers are more compact.
- Air fryers require less attention than deep fryers. It’s highly unsafe to leave a deep fryer unattended while in use, whereas most air fryers are a set-it-and-forget-it model.
- Air fryers are more versatile. The larger units can bake whole foods like chickens or roasts, some can make rotisserie chicken, and some can grill your food.
Simply put: air fryers produce a better quality of food than deep fryers that tastes almost the same.
You get that crispy, fried texture and taste that we all love without any unhealthy elements that come with frying in oil.
If you love chicken nuggets, french fries or even pork chops consider one of the Ultrean air fryers that best meet your needs. With a 30-day Amazon return policy, you can try the Ultrean Air Fryer, completely risk-free.