There are different reasons why you would want to keep your car shiny and glossy.
First, to preserve the car’s value and reduce surface damage from sun, knicks, and scratches.
The second reason is aesthetics. In other words, we like pretty things.
Our reasons for wanting an easy-to-use, professional-quality exterior coat covered both.
We’d heard of Shine Armor products as this sort of secret treasure trove of at-home car treatments worthy of a luxury car showroom. Is it all hype, or is this stuff really good?
So we tried out their Fortify Quick Coat product and bring to you now our Shine Armor review.
Shine Armor Review
The paintwork on most cars dulls over time due to exposure to the elements.
If you want to get your car to keep or revive its shine, you have two options: 1) Take it to a professional car detailer or 2) Use a home detailing product like Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat.
You may be skeptical of your ability to apply Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat by yourself, at home, and match a detailer’s professional service.
We certainly were (of our own ability—not yours!).
But professional detailing and ceramic protective coating treatments are an expense we would love to forego if there is a quality, affordable at-home solution.
This Shine Armor Review will answer all your questions about how it works and IF it works.
Is it safe to use? Is it a scam? Read on for our review and answers to any other questions or doubts you may have about the product.
What Is Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat?
Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat is an advanced 3-in-1 car detailing product that cleans your car, shines its coat, and seals it to protect your car’s paintwork.
Shine Armor is not an ordinary car detailing product; its claim is “triple action technology” that enables your vehicle to get and stay clean without water.
Not Just A Car Product | Using Shine Armor In & Around The Home
What’s more potentially exciting and impressive about this product is that it can also be used on other surfaces in your home where you require superior shine and protection.
To name a few: boats, RVs, countertops, sinks, floors, and some appliances inside and outside your home.
We should warn you, though, don’t be tempted to use it on your bathroom areas like the bathtub or floor, as it may cause you to slip and fall.
That sounds like a joke, but we’re for real. Surfaces coated with Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat become so slick, you do not want it underfoot.
As an at-home detailing product, Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat is ideal for those who need an easy-to-use product that will clean your car, protect it, and make its coat last longer.
No one likes toning their arms just from a ton of time spent cleaning or waxing their car. Shine Armor claims that you can save time by skipping a pre-application wash. Unless you’ve been off-roading in the mud, you do not need to clean your car before using Shine Armor.
Shine Armor’s formulators state that a single application can last six to twelve months, although this depends on the environment in which you store and drive your car.
The formula used to make Shine Armor includes a mix of different surfactants and soap, wetting agents, and the innovative silica ceramic formula that works to protect your car.
SiO2 ceramic technology makes this product different and a potentially extraordinary sealant and maintenance spray for your car.
How to Get the Best out of Shine Armor fortify Quick Coat
We experienced no complications when applying Shine Armor for the first time. The product comes in a spray bottle that’s easy to use. We grabbed a soft cloth, Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat, and we were good to go.
Unlike other products that require an applicator, this super easy application process is a plus.
If your car is filthy (ours wasn’t), wash and dry it before using the product.
Directions for use are simple to follow:
- Spray a tiny amount of Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat on your clean towel.
- Gently apply it to the surface of your car in circular motions.
Shine Armor advises using microfiber cloths, two at that: One for application and the second dry microfiber towel for drying and buff the car’s surface to get that enviable shine.
If you’re worried about how Shine Armor will react with your paintwork, perform a spot test on a lower fender or the inside of a side-view mirror.
Once you are satisfied, you can proceed to use it on the rest of the car.
However, after testing Shine Armor, we’re confident it isn’t damaging on paintwork and that it’s safe for use on most, if not all of the vehicle surface.
We also noticed that once applied to the car, Shine Armor doesn’t leave any smear marks or scratches.
Overall, it’s easy to use, durable, and quite simply a great product.
Pro tip: For best results, don’t use Shine Armor on your car when it’s parked outside under direct sunlight. Evaporation will make it challenging to get the desired results. Find a shaded area or use it when it’s a bit cooler, either early morning or late in the evening.
Check out the video below to see Shine Armor in action:
So What Makes Shine Armor Unique?
Lab-Engineered – Shine Armor is a company owned by car enthusiasts who understand what most car owners need. With lab-engineered technology, Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat provides car owners with a product that offers ceramic coverage that is durable with a shiny finish.
Triple-Action Formula – The 3-in-1 formula is an unrivaled car detailing product that cleans and shines your car while also sealing the surface to give your car a protective cover.
Innovative Technology – Shine Armor claims that it is 20 times better than similar products in the market. Therefore, your car will look better for longer, saving you a few dollars on expensive car treatment solutions. We’re not entirely confident in this claim because it’s somewhat difficult to calculate.
The Pros And Cons Of Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat
This Shine Armor review wouldn’t be complete if we didn’t give you the pros and cons of this car detailing product.
- Shine Armor is an easy-to-use product that will save you a lot of time cleaning.
- It’s an affordable car product compared to other sealants available on the market.
- The 3-in-1 formula uses triple-action technology with a ceramic protection coating that cleans, shines, and protects your car in a simple to follow, two-step process.
- Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat is safe to use on all vehicles, boats, RVs, surfaces, and appliances both inside and out of your home and is not just limited to metals, glass, chrome, or plastics.
- One 8-ounce bottle of Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat is enough for about one complete treatment.
- This product is safe to use with plants, people, or pets present because it is biodegradable and VOC-compliant.
- Shine Armor protects against harmful UVA rays that may cause your car’s paint to appear dull.
- Once you apply Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat, it effectively repels dirt and residue and leaves your car glossy and shiny for weeks or even months.
- Shine Armor can be used any time of the day (but avoid using it in direct sun heat).
- The Fortify Quick Coat application leaves behind no smear marks, streaks, scratches or water spots.
- Shine Armor offers a 100% money-back guarantee for 30 days from your purchase date if the product doesn’t meet your desired expectations.
- Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat may not remove all dirt from your car’s exterior, such as road tar, heavier dust, and some types of pollen.
- If you live in a dusty area or a place with high pollen, you will likely need to use Shine Armor more than just once a month.
- Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat does not remove or cover any existing scratches.
- The 100% money-back guarantee only applies for 30 days from the purchase date, which means you may have a limited window to use it and determine its effectiveness.
Shine Armor also claims to have significant advantages over their competitors. While we can’t speak to all of their competitors, we can confirm several frustrations we’ve had with other brands that we did not experience with Shine Armor Fortifying Quick Coat. Some of these included price and length of protection.
Is Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat Safe To Use For Your Car?
Yes, Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat is safe to use on your car. At first application, we raised an eyebrow in surprise that it wasn’t a particularly smooth product. However, it did quickly buff in and caused no damage whatsoever.
Let’s simplify some terms in the ingredients list to understand better why Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat is car-surface-approved.
Surfactants | Also known as surface-active ingredients, their primary use in the product is to increase the wetting ability of Shine Armor and enable it to spread evenly on the surface of your car.
The active ingredient also act as disinfectants that absorb and cut dirt and grime from the surface of your car.
SiO2 | The SiO2 ceramic formulation is also known as silicon dioxide. The layer of defensive SI02 contains glass molecules that give your car cover that showroom shine and works as a protective cover to repel dirt and dust.
Shine Armor is non-toxic, biodegradable, and VOC-compliant, making it safe to use around kiddos, pets, and plants—that’s a high value add in this home.
If you follow the bottle’s instructions, there shouldn’t be run-off, as the product is supposed to as you buff it in. With no rinsing and therefore no chemical seepage onto your driveway, walkway, or yard, this is another safety plus.
Does Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat Work?
You’ve guessed it by now. Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat definitely works. We think the shine quality is actually better than many of the professional-grade detailing services we’ve used. In our experience, it is easily superior to other like products in the market.
In our test, we applied Shine Armor first to one-half of the car. The difference was instantly visible.
Other Products By Shine Armor
Since we loved Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat, we wanted to see if other Shine Armor company products could hold their own.
So here’s an extended Shine Armor Review for you:
- Shine Armor Spray Wax with carnauba wax – Carnauba wax is originally from Brazil and is deemed the best type of wax available, preferred for its shine and durability. This spray wax will give your car exterior a brilliant shine and is easier to use than your traditional car wax.
- Shine Armor Car Interior Cleaner – Shine Armor Car Interior Cleaner gives your upholstery, leather seats, and interior surfaces a restored and refreshed look (and it cleans them, which, in this house, is its most critical feature).
- Shine Armor Leather Cleaner – Now, this is a product we are excited about. It doubles as a car cleaning product that restores your car’s interior and leather seats from their lost glory and as a cleaner for interior home products. Think leather couches, bags, purses, shoes, and all things leather.
Wrapping It Up
If you have reached this far in our Shine Armor Review, you know we were sold at first use, and we’ll definitely continue using the Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat regularly as this is the best product we’ve come across in a long time.
Here’s a recap of what we most liked about Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat:
- It’s more affordable than most car detailing products and certainly much less than professional detailing services.
- Easy to use for lazy or inexperienced car maintainers (that’s us). Its super-fast application also appeals to those of us who don’t like spending hours and energy cleaning the car.
- The 3-in-1 clean, shine and seal technology actually works, which reduces our home car maintenance products from many to one, and with zero water waste, dripping cleaning chemicals, and mess.
- It’s non-toxic, biodegradable, and VOC compliant. Translation: We feel safe putting it to use on our car and in our home.
- Finally, Shine Armor Fortify Quick Coat is versatile, not only ideal for use on our car but also to beautifully restore surfaces around the house, including sinks, countertops, and appliances to achieve that shiny look.
Shine Armor has a 4.5 star rating and over 53,000 customer reviews on Amazon and countless positive reviews on social media, leading us to believe that this product is well worth the hype.But don’t take our word for it. The best thing to do is buy it and try it out. If for some reason you are unsatisfied, Amazon has free returns.
We’re all kinds of shiny around here now with the Shine Armor fortify quick shine!
If this Shine Armor Review article helped answer your questions about the product and you’re interested in hearing about other home products we test and review, toss your email in the bar above, and you’ll be notified as each new review comes out!