New technologies have allowed us to enjoy more modern conveniences across all industries. The same is finally true for our front doors. We have all kinds of fingerprint door locks that use smart biometric technology to decipher if we are allowed inside.
These remarkable smart fingerprint locks enable us to feel more secure whether we are home or away. In addition, they give us the freedom of not having to rummage through our pockets for keys while we’re balancing endless grocery bags and supplies.
So, where do you start? That is where we come in. We have reviewed many of the industry-leading smart fingerprint door locks to create a list of our favorites. These smart locks offer several advantages over your standard door locks.
Our team tested these biometric door locks’ many features and qualities to ensure you are getting a well-functioning product that looks good and is durable to be used every day. Check out our review of the 8 Best Fingerprint Door Locks on the market.
The 8 Best Fingerprint Door Locks
This fantastic new biometric smart deadbolt by Ultralog is an excellent choice for people just entering the fingerprint door lock upgrade. It has a quick and easy installation process that anyone can follow. The central cylinder of the lock is made from metal instead of the more common plastic, so you get a bit more added security.
Pairing the device was incredibly easy. There are so many ways to lock/unlock the smart door lock. You can use your fingerprint on the biometric scanner, an app that works with all mobile devices, a regular key, a unique code, or even your Alexa with a PIN.
With so many options and being so easy to install, there is a good reason why the Ultralog Smart Deadbolt is Amazon’s choice.
- 6-in-1 keyless entry with a variety of choices to unlock/lock, including keypad, app, fingerprint, and more.
- The fingerprint biometric scanner is sensitive and quick to read. The keypad has backlit keys, so you can quickly type in a code at night.
- The smart lock includes GeoFencing to sense your paired mobile phone application when you are close.
- Designed to fit most US doors at 1 3/8″ – 2″ thick without needing to wire or drill.
- Extra-long battery life rated at around 8,000 times access with only 4 AA batteries.
Lockly Bluetooth Keyless Entry Smart Door Lock
This biometric smart door lock by Lockly has an excellent form factor. The significant advantage of this biometric fingerprint door lock is the randomized keypad. The lock utilizes digital numbers in random placement every time you type in a code so no one looking over your shoulder can guess the number.
Lockly’s smart door lock blends in well with most home designs and features a modern look. The associated app tracks all entries based on fingerprint and key codes, so you know who came in at what time.
- Multiple keyless entry methods, including biometric fingerprints, smart 6-8 digit access pin codes, and Bluetooth through your mobile device. They include two backup mechanical keys you can keep hidden in your car or around your house as well.
- Peek-proof smart door lock that features a unique algorithm to reshuffle numbers after each use.
- The fingerprint system is based on a 3D image instead of a flat reading of your fingers. That means the smart lock stores a snapshot of your fingerprint model.
- Excellent access control and monitoring with an app that works on both iOS and Android devices.
- Latch fits most US standard doors with an adjustable backset of 2 3/8″ or 2 ¾”.
Samsung Digital Smart Door Lock
Samsung’s durable fingerprint smart biometric door lock is excellent but is probably meant for more business doors than private homes. The modern design smart lock uses a push/pull handle that makes it easy to move in and out of your door without turning a knob which is why we like this smart door lock for businesses.
The Samsung digital door lock has a fingerprint reader at the top of the device that works well, but the design is meant more for use with an access code. The smart lock has different indicator lights on the face to help you manage all the features.
- Up to 10 different 4-12 digit number combination codes for the smart lock.
- Includes the capacity to work with an RFID card and key tags.
- Designed for use with standard doors of 38-80mm thickness.
- Powered by 8 AA battereis.
- Push/Pull handle can store up to 100 fingerprints for biometric access.
Kwikset Halo Touch Smart Lock
If you already have used Kwikset products in the past, or have other items in their catalog installed in your home, then this is the smart lock for you. The biometrics are solid, and the design blends seamlessly into most residential homes.
The big seller of this fingerprint front door lock is the re-key feature. It enables you to create new front door keys without going to a store or a locksmith. Really convenient!
- This biometric door lock can store up to 100 fingerprints under 50 unique users.
- This is a wifi-enabled fingerprint door lock that connects to your home network and smartphone.
- The smart lock allows you to re-key your lock in seconds.
- Utilizes the Kwikset App to manage from anywhere, monitor users, set schedules, and check the door’s status.
AIGURD Fingerprint Door Lock
The AIGURD fingerprint-enabled front door lock is another excellent choice for businesses or residences that experience a high volume of rain. This is a great door solution for houses close to the ocean and needs more durability against salt.
The overall smart door lock looks like a more professional handle, and it is wide enough to use your arm or elbow when your hands are full. The best part is the increased security feature that requires two users to gain access. This is useful when opening or closing a store/office for the day and want to make sure the right people are on the other side of the door.
- Biometric keyless entry works on all ages from 4 to 80.
- High capacity storage for up to 200 user IDs with up to 10 administrators.
- This smart front door lock is durable 304 stainless steel with anti-corrosion properties and is waterproof.
- Includes a combination mode that requires two users to open for increased security.
Eufy Security Smart Front Door Lock
The advantage to using the Eufy Security Smart Front Door Lock is the emphasis on data control and auto security. Other doors store your information in places that you’ve never been, while this smart door lock keeps your information under your local authority at all times.
This fingerprint front door lock doesn’t feature as many of the bells and whistles of other reviewed devices, which is part of why we like it so much. The simplified design makes it much harder to crack, and the sleek appearance fits in nicely for residential properties.
- 0.3-second fingerprint recognization with only 1 second before the door opens.
- 4-in-1 Unlock features using fingerprint biometric, Eufy Security App with Bluetooth, electronic smart keypad, or the physical key.
- Great for all weather situations with a rating for temperatures ranging from -22 F to 158 F.
- The door will auto-lock after sensing it is closed to ensure optimal security.
- Stores your biometric fingerprint and in-app data locally instead of in the cloud.
Sifely Keyless Entry Front Door Lock
This is probably the most versatile of smart front door locks we reviewed. You can pretty much install the Sifely fingerprint door lock anywhere on your property, which is why we like it for rental properties and vacation homes.
There is a unique feature with this fingerprint door lock that allows you to store a physical backup key in the door handle if you forget the code or don’t have your phone with you all the time. It’s a nice feature that gives you a bit more peace of mind, especially for those that aren’t quite ready to make the leap to a full electronic door lock.
- This is the best rental property smart door lock that allows you to generate passcodes remotely.
- 5-in-1 keyless entry using fingerprint biometrics, key code, key fob, smartphone app, and physical key.
- Incredibly easy to install with nothing more than a Phillips head screwdriver.
- The door handle is fully reversible.
- The application software is free to use without any hidden charges or monthly subscriptions.
HARFO Fingerprint Front Door Lever
We really like the double verification of the new HARFO fingerprint front door lever. It ensures that only qualified users access the door correctly instead of people who may have learned a code or have stolen a smartphone.
This fingerprint front door lock is not waterproof. It is better used for internal doors or structures that have a lot of awning overlook to protect the front door. Besides that, it is well made with quality materials for high traffic areas.
- Ranges in thickness from 1 3/8″ to 2 3/16″ (35mm to 55mm).
- Includes an OLED display that is easy to read and a voice guide to walk you through all the installation and features.
- Uses 4 1.5V AA dry batteries (rechargeables are not recommended).
- Can use fingerprint biometrics, RF ID keycards (3 included), 4-12 digit code, backup physical key to unlock. It has a safety feature requiring double methods to unlock.
- Can store up to 300 users max with a new 3D fingerprint sensor for any age.
- Has a digital deadbolt button that only allows admin authorized users to access for increased security.
Should You Buy a Fingerprint Door Lock?
The biggest reasons to purchase a new biometric smart front door lock are convenience and home security. It is a pain to have to fish out keys when you’re standing in front of your door and want to get inside quickly. Having a smart door lock that instantly recognizes you through several methods is an excellent solution.
Security is on everyone’s mind lately, especially if you live in an area with many theft or break-ins. Most of these smart door locks don’t include a secondary method to enter the premises without some sort of technology backup. Even if they have keyholes available, they are often under plates that are not easily removed if you’re unused to your particular lock. If you already have a security system, these electronic door locks give you another layer of additional security.
The other reason to purchase a fingerprint lock is for rental properties. Airbnb and other services have exploded in recent years, and having a keyless entry that you can reprogram easily really helps manage your side hustle efficiently.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Fingerprint Door Lock
Consider the area you’ll be installing the smart door lock. Will it be in extreme weather or rain? Do you need to turn a handle? Does it need to have wifi access? Before you go out and purchase a new smart door lock, you need to recognize the needs of your particular situation.
Always make sure there is a physical/mechanical key backup to your new biometric device. If everything else fails, you need to ensure you have a way of getting into your property separate from the electronic systems.
Fingerprint Door Locks FAQ
How many fingerprints and users can my fingerprint door lock memorize?
That depends on the model and your individual needs. Most of our reviewed locks can store up to 50 different fingerprints but tend to restrict individual users more than unique fingerprints.
Is a fingerprint better than a number lock?
Yes! Biometric data is harder to falsify, especially if your model uses a 3D system to capture your fingerprint better.
How do these fingerprint doors lock?
Most of our models use an electronic deadbolt lock activated after you enter the required verification data. There are a couple that uses the other chip method of locking.
How long do the batteries last?
Every model we listed has details on the number of uses you get out of one stage of battery life. For example, 2 AA batteries will last 5,000 activations.
What happens if I get a scratch on my finger?
Life happens, and sometimes our hands get damaged doing typical daily tasks. That is why every model listed above includes multiple methods of activating their smart door locks.
What if my hands get wet?
These fingerprint door locks work best by having dry, clean hands. Suppose you cannot seem to get the scanner to read your biometric data. In that case, we suggest using one of the backup methods of getting inside. This is why we like the options that include a Bluetooth app connection for your mobile device.
What is the auto-lock function?
These smart door locks include a method of automatically locking after a specific duration once they have been used. This is to secure your door better if you forget to lock it when you go out or in.
Wrapping it Up
All of our reviewed fingerprint front door locks are useful for adding more convenience to your daily life. They allow you to move in and out of your living spaces without having to fish out keys and add an extra level of security for your peace of mind.
These smart biometric door locks are an essential tool for anyone running an Airbnb side hustle or own a rental property. They enable you to have multiple users so everyone you want to access the building can easily get inside.
Smart home systems are growing year over year. With security cameras and alarm systems controlled by touch screen, adding advanced fingerprint door locks is a great way to control who comes in and out of your home.
Any of these 8 fingerprint front door locks will work for your individual needs. We are delighted you took the time to read our review. We hope you found all the information you wanted to install a new smart front door lock!