It’s lunchtime again as you reach into your cooler to find day-old leftovers sliding around in stained Tupperware. As you pry open the plastic lid and look down at the cold food, you wonder why can’t I get a homemade hot meal at work? You need a quality electric lunch box!
There is no telling if your workplace microwave is functioning correctly or when it was last cleaned, turning your lunch breaks into a guessing game. Purchasing an electric lunch box is the best way to keep your favorite foods ready for your next meal on the go. It a much better alternative to your everyday cold lunches.
We dove through many quality food warmers and made a list of the top picks we think you’ll find best for your food situation. Then, we reviewed each model, carefully taking note of how it warms the food and whether or not it can hold up to daily use. Here is what we found.
The 6 Best Electric Lunch Boxes
Toursion Electric Lunch Box
The first heated lunch box we reviewed is the Toursion Electric Lunch Box. This is a simple to use heated lunch box with complete versatility for use while in a car, truck, office, or home. It comes equipped with a plug system that works with 12V, 24V, and 110V compatible power sources. In addition, the Toursion portable food heater contains one stainless steel container with separate compartments for your delicious meals.
- Made with food-grade plastic material to keep your food warm while being easy to maintain.
- Fully removable container with a three-layer detachable design so you can eat anywhere you’d like to go.
- High portability for use at work, school, or on the road, and fast heating using PTC original constant temperature heating alongside thick insulation.
- The car charger is set for 12V connectivity and can work with 24V trucks and 110V home/office plugs.
- The dual-use food warmer is made from PP plastic with 304 stainless steel tray.
- The Toursion Electric Lunch Box measures 4.33″ high, 7.09″ deep, and 9.45″ wide.
Vech Electric Lunch Box
We were excited to review the Vech Electric Lunch Box because of its fun design. This heated lunch box looks more like it belongs in a school or tech company workstation because of the playful accents to the lid and handle. Unlike the Toursoin lunch box, the Vech box only has two compartments to keep your food heated. Overall, we liked this electric lunch box more to keep food warm for on-the-go high school and college kids.
- Food-grade pp plastic material keeps your food warm and is easy to maintain. The plastic is BPA-free, so you don’t get any unwanted toxins.
- Contains a built-in removable tray for easy cleaning.
- The depth of the dual containers makes this electric lunch box better than most because it can hold more homemade food.
- The car charger is set for 12V connectivity and 110V home/office plugs.
- The dual-use food warmer is made from PP plastic that is BPA-free.
- The Vech Electric Lunch Box measures 6.5″ high, 4.3″ deep, and 9″ wide.
- Comes equipped with a sturdy anti-scalding handle to bring your heated lunch anywhere you want to go.
YISSVIC Electric Lunch Box
When you’re looking for a quality heated lunch box, you need to consider durability. The YISSVIC Electric Lunch Box is incredibly tough. The polypropylene outside is non-toxic, with an inner layer made with heavy-duty stainless steel, food-grade construction. This is the best portable food warmer to take to an active building site, outdoor event, or long journeys with winding/bumpy roads while keeping your food at an ideal temperature.
- Incredibly durable design that is leakproof and looks like a quality lunch box instead of a home appliance.
- The containers break down well for easy cleaning.
- Contains a big stainless steel lunch box and a smaller plastic salad/fruit/veg box.
- Supports electric sources of a 12V in a car, 24V in a truck, or 110V pug for home use or work.
- Made with food-grade PP material and 304 stainless steel for safety.
- Comes with a spoon and fork designed specifically for the lunch box.
Travelisimo Electric Lunch Box
As far as eloquent heated lunch boxes go, the Travelisimo Electric Lunch Box is the number one pick. It is super quiet while keeping your hot food. In addition, it has more metal/earth tones that leave it looking immaculate and more cosmopolitan. On the other hand, it is a bit heavier, especially when full of your favorite food, making this the best choice for your workspace or office more than a car.
- Includes two different plugs for vehicle adapters and wall outlets.
- Dishwasher safe to clean easily with an outside you can wipe food off using just a moist towel.
- Large capacity with two compartments and a simple to use control panel.
- A single heating element keeps things simple.
- Made with high-quality material for long last durability.
- Supports electric sources of a 12V in a car, 24V in a truck, or 110V plug at home or work.
- Includes a high-quality stainless steel fork, spoon, and tray.
- The Travelisimo Electric Lunch Box measures 7″ high, 5″ deep, and 9″ wide.
Luckstar Electric Lunch Box
This is our personal favorite because of the Bento box design. The Luckstar Electric Lunch Box looks like it would belong at a Japanese restaurant for special order deliveries. However, the three separate containers are more suitable for foods that need extra attention, like when adding water to rice or noodles.
- Made with really durable cloth on the outside and strong insulation to keep your food warm or cold.
- The cloth box includes a pocket on the inside top to store your wires and different condiments you may want with your meal.
- This electric lunch box is good to use with any car or in the office.
- Bento lunch box design
- Supports electric sources of a 40W car adapter or 110V plug for at work.
- Made from 300D durable Oxford cloth, PE foam padding, and PU insulation.
- The Luckstar Electric Lunch Box measures 4.33″ high, 7.09″ deep, and 9.45″ wide. With the case, it is a bit bigger.
Hot Logic Food Warming Tote
Now, this is what a travel electric lunch box should look like. The Hot Logic Food Warming Tote is the perfect form factor for long-haul drivers and people traveling all the time. It is lightweight with a solid design that will keep your food warm for hours. The first thing you’ll notice right away is how compact and portable the electric lunch box is.
- This heated food tote is available in a lot of fun designs to fit any personality.
- The containers are completely free form to give you more versatility with what food you want to pack.
- It comes in various colors.
- Supports electric sources of a 12V car adapter.
- The Hot Logic Food Warming Tote measures 3.5″ high, 7.5″ deep, and 9.5″ wide.
What is an Electric Lunch Box?
An electric lunch box is a square or rectangular-shaped small electronic appliance designed to heat up or keep your food warm while on the go. They are usually made from high-quality plastic outer layers that separate another layer of insulation from inner compartments made of steel or durable plastic.
You use electric lunch boxes around the office at lunchtime instead of grabbing cold sandwiches or constant takeout. They offer you a better food choice by giving you more variety in what you can bring with you to eat.
An electric lunch box is a perfect solution for traveling long distances or careers that require a lot of time on the road. In addition, they provide you with the utility to have home-cooked meals heated up for a healthier, happier food experience.
Things to Consider When Buying an Electric Lunch Box
With the growth of the electric lunch box market, there are numerous options available to you. The most crucial factor for you to consider when deciding on which style will best heat your food will be your end purpose.
- Are you using this for work, travel, outdoors?
- How many compartments will you need to accommodate your style of food preparation?
- What are the power needs for your electric lunch box?
For example, if you are a trucker that wants a quick solution, maybe you purchase an electric lunch box that only plugs into your 24V truck power adapter and has one or two compartments.
If you are a business person that enjoys well-made home-cooked meals at lunch, maybe you want to make sure your device has a 110V adapter to plug into a wall outlet and has as many compartments as possible.
Suppose you are someone that enjoys soups, chili, and other broth-based foods. In that case, you probably want to select an electric lunch box that keeps your food warm without it spilling out of the top easily.
Finding the right heated solution for you depends more on your needs than the actual box. There are so many options on the market now that you have a wide variety of choices.
Are Heated Lunch Boxes Any Good?
Absolutely they are! The electric lunch box keeps your food warm and secure while you are working or on the road. They are a great alternative to constantly having to purchase heavily salted fast food.
Every one of the boxes we reviewed kept our food warm and provided a wonderful assortment of features that allowed us to heat more complicated meals. It was refreshing to sit down to a full pasta meal with grilled chicken from the night before.
While each box had its pros/cons, you couldn’t go wrong with any of them for traveling. This is precisely what your picky eating child or family member with special dietary needs to get to satisfy their cravings.
Wrapping it Up
Whether you’re on road trips, at work, or in the great outdoors, an electric lunch box is the best solution to keeping your food warm so you can enjoy a nutritious meal outside of the home. They’ve become one of the innovative products that allow us to enjoy a hot lunch on the go.
These wonderful heated boxes will save you time and effort while reducing trash from all those quick, bland fast-food restaurants. An electric lunch box is your way to stay healthy, happy, and food-friendly anywhere and everywhere you want to go.
There are so many different styles and varieties available for an electric lunch box that we know you’ll have as much fun as we did by giving them a try. After all, would you want to eat warm food from an electric heating lunch box versus that cold lunch?