Blue Sky Fire Pit Review
The Blue Sky Fire Pit is a great way for friends and family to come together and enjoy a cozy fire outdoors without the smoke. Available in multiple sizes, you can easily pick the one that best meets you needs. With sizes ranging from 10″ to 33″, Blue Sky Fire Pits can be a great tailgate partner or a permanent fixture in your backyard. The smokeless technology will ensure you wont be caught on the wrong side of the fire pit.
- The base of the unit detaches from the top and fits inside a comfortable and stylish carrying case for ease of transport
- The unit is extremely lightweight compared to most other smokeless pits, making it portable with easy transport
- Best bang for your buck, being the most affordable smokeless pit while still being a quality fire pit
- Burns extremely hot, leaving little to no ash left over
- The unit features an easily removable ashtray
- Starting the fire is quick and simple
- Fire is smokeless and without smell
- For less smoke, you have to make sure you’re adding wooden pellets to the flame regularly.
- Pellets and cover are not included with the purchase
- The smokeless fire pit does not have a lifetime warranty
- The unit can smoke if you add too many pellets to the burning chamber
It’s difficult to find anything to complain about while relaxing out by the fire pit underneath a starry sky. That is until the wind blows in a specific direction, and suddenly you’re being bombarded by smoke on all sides.
Thanks to the latest trend, more and more companies are coming out with smokeless fire pits. But what exactly is a smokeless fire pit?
A smokeless fire pit may seem impossible. After all, you can’t have a fire without smoke. However, you can significantly reduce the amount of smoke the fire pit produces depending on the temperature of the fire.
Fortunately, with the portable Blue Sky fire pit, you can have smokeless, uninterrupted relaxation time. Unfortunately, most fire pits don’t offer the unique experience of a classic campfire with the absence of smoke, but this great product does exactly that.
Blue Sky Fire Pit Review
So, what exactly is the Blue Sky fire pit? The Blue Sky pit is a portable and smokeless fire pit with a manageable weight for easy transport yet still large enough to heat up an entire outdoor tailgate or gathering.
It’s a great portable option for those who are always on the go, whether it be to a family gathering, a camping trip, or a quick weekend tailgate party in the parking lot of your favorite team. In large gatherings like this, having a smokeless experience is important as it allows for no annoying interruptions of moving people or things around to avoid it.
But what makes this specific fire pit so special against the competition? The Blue Sky fire pit has so many great features that ensure it stands out against the others.
We are extremely impressed that the smokeless pit is comparable with the higher-priced portable pits on the market today. The performance of the Blue Sky, with the product’s affordability, makes it a great option for those who may be on a budget but still desire a quality product that works great.
Pros and Cons of the Blue Sky Fire Pit
Blue Sky Fire Pit Products
Fortunately, the Blue Sky company offers various sizes for their portable and smokeless pits. But which fire pit size is ideal for who? We’ve compiled a comprehensive guide just for you.
● 10”: For those who love to tailgate, the 10” Ridge smokeless portable fire pit is the one for you. The Blue Sky brand even sells sports team-branded gear as well as company brands. The 10” is perfect for these occasions with smaller groups, as although it’s small, it will be able to keep everyone warm in case of cold weather.
● 16”: The 16” smokeless pits are ideal for beachgoers or those going to small campgrounds. The portable fire pit will provide users with easy transportation as it’s not too heavy. Users are able to stay toasty by the fire, all while roasting marshmallows and listening to the beach waves and nature around them.
● 22”: The 22” smokeless pit is ideal for those camping in the middle of the wilderness rather than on developed campgrounds. This is because it’s significantly larger than the 16” inch pits, it will kick off more heat, but it is still small enough to be easily transportable for users.
● 24”: The Blue Sky 24” smokeless pits are great for those who require portable patio fire pits space. Owners will be able to move the pit wherever they would like with ease, placing it in the corner for a small family get-together or rather moving it in the middle of the space for larger gatherings so that everyone can get some heat. It’s also a great option for those who want a large fire pit but are limited on space.
● 33”: The 33” is the ultimate heat source. While it’s still portable, it is the second largest and heaviest option of the bunch weighing in at 91.5 pounds or 41.5 kilograms. The 33” pits are best for those who like to host big bonfires or are looking for a more “permanent” option. If you love to have campfires often, we recommend choosing this one.
Blue Sky Fire Pit Accessories
Fortunately, Blue Sky offers a few different accessories to go with the smokeless and portable pits as well.
Outdoor Blue Sky Fire Pit Cover
Sold separately from the fire pit comes an outdoor cover in order to protect the unique technology from the elements, so users don’t have to be bothered with moving the unit in and out of the outdoors in case of bad weather.
- Easy to Use: The cover has two side handles for simple attachment and removal so that you can get your fire started as soon as possible with no hassle.
- Durable Materials: The fire pit cover is as heavy duty as they come; made with double-stitched, sturdy, all-weatherproof material.
- Secure: On the bottom of the fire pit cover is a drawstring that allows for the cover to have a tight seal against the fire pit for even more protection.
Outdoor Premium Wood Pellets
Also sold separately from the Blue Sky smokeless pits are wood pellets for burning in the pit.
- Burn Time: The clean burning pellets have a burn time of 30+ minutes, achieving a temperature of up to 1,400°F or 760°C.
- Low-Moisture: Wood pellets rely on low moisture to create a warmer, longer-lasting burn in the pits. These premium pellets only have a moisture level of 5%-10%, making them very high quality.
- Natural: The premium wood pellets are made of all-natural 100% hardwood; no harmful chemicals that you need to worry about inhaling.
Blue Sky Fire Pit vs. Solo Stove
Another portable, smokeless fire pit available on the market today is the stainless steel “Solo Stove.” But which one is worth you spending your hard-earned money on?
With the numerous options available, we’ve narrowed it down to two great smokeless pit options in order to make a choice easy for you.
Similarities Between the Two Fire Pits
Technology: Interestingly, both the Blue Sky fire pit and the Solo Stove have similar technologies in order to get that signature smokeless fire. Both smokeless pits make use of aerodynamic forces where the air gets pulled in through the bottom holes of the unit and up through the inner walls.
The air is then released through the top of the units and into the burn chambers, which provide the fire with extra oxygen to make the fire burn even brighter and hotter. In turn, the hotter burn practically vaporizes wood particles, preventing high smoke and embers.
Unit Material: Both smokeless pits are made of similar but slightly different types of steel, with the Solo Stove being made of stainless steel and the Blue Sky smokeless pit being made of similar quality heavy-duty steel. Additionally, both materials come with a removable ashtray for easy cleanup.
Burning Materials: The Blue Sky fire pits are functional with both firewood and wood pellets, as well as the Solo Stove.
Differences Between the Two Fire Pits
Weight: The weights of the smokeless Blue Sky fire pits are significantly more lightweight than Solo Stove, making transportation of the pits notably easier. The weight is not due to the quality of materials, but rather the physical engineering of the product for ease of use for consumers.
Warranty: All of the Blue Sky fire pits offer a 3-year limited warranty that their product is free from defects. The Solo Stove comes with a lifetime warranty.
Pricing: The price of the smokeless Blue Sky pits is more affordable than the Solo Stove while still having comparable rates of performance. The lowest price Blue Sky pits will typically cost you around $140, while the Solo Stove pits will cost you $199 and up at the very least.
Is Blue Sky Fire Pit Worth It?
We believe the Blue Sky fire pit is a great investment for anyone and worth purchasing. While using similar technology, the pits at Blue Sky offer unique benefits that help it stand out from the competition.
If you’re into sports or want to advertise your brand, Blue Sky will etch your desired logo on the smokeless pit! Whether it’s for your business or your favorite sports team, it offers a fun conversation starter for everyone.
The smokeless Blue Sky pits also come in a great range of different sizes for whatever reason you want to use them. So whether you want a smokeless pit to take on camping trips or you’d just like one for your backyard family gatherings, there’s an option for it all.
Some smokeless pits only allow you to burn pellets and small items of wood in the burning chamber, but with Blue Sky pits, you can burn full-sized logs in the larger units. Additionally, while the brand offers its own wooden pellets for purchase, you’re able to use any as the engineering of the unit is great and can burn all equally.
Additionally, if you’re passionate about being sustainable as well as helping the environment, buying this smokeless fire pit is a great option for you. Smokeless fire pits emit less pollution and harmful smoke in your lungs, making the Blue Sky fire pit an eco-friendly purchase without guilt.
Paint chipping and aging are inevitable at extremely high temperatures that burn with smokeless pits. Luckily, Blue Sky considers this and paints their fire pits with a high-temperature paint that can handle heat up to 1,400°F or 760°C.
Over time, as the paint chips, the pit surfaces will begin to develop a rust that will turn into a beautiful patina finish. Additionally, the company sells high-temperature paint, if you prefer the sleek, dark look for your space rather than a more rustic patina.
Lastly, one of the most important factors when considering whether or not to purchase something is usually the cost of the product. Fortunately, the Blue Sky fire pits are the most affordable smokeless, portable fire pit option on the market that still is a quality product that will last.
Wrapping It Up
An outdoor fire pit creates an inviting, cozy atmosphere for any gathering, and without the issue of smoke, it gets even better. The Blue Sky smokeless fire pit will enable you to have beautiful hot fires without the hassle of playing musical chairs around the fire in an attempt to avoid the smoke. This is one of the best smokeless fire pits for the money. If you enjoy outdoor activities and love a fire with little smoke, check out Blue Sky smokeless fire pits.